Interest in Uncle Bush’s Live Funeral continues to build, and there’s plenty to be excited about. I’ve had great responses from several independent bookstores, and have really started to feel like Bookmiser in Marietta is my (for lack of a better term) “home store.” Their Roswell Road store is just a block from my church, the people are great, and every time I go in there I end up finding a new book to enjoy. It’s a pretty great place.
But there’s lots of other great things happening on other fronts as well, including on GoodReads!
- Oct. 17 (tomorrow), 3:00 p.m. Speaking to the Atlanta Writer’s Club. The event begins at 1:30, I’m up at 3:00. Location is Georgia Perimeter College, Building NC Auditorium, 2101 Womack Road, Atlanta. I still don’t understand that address, but I’m sure I will once I get there.
- Oct. 17 (still tomorrow), 4:00 p.m. My interview on Georgia Public Broadcasting’s Two Way Street airs. I’ve done enough interviews to know when it’s a good one, and this is about as good as they get. You can listen on 88.5 FM in Atlanta, or find a station or listen online here.
- Oct. 18, 11 a.m. Rebroadcast of the Two Way Street interview.
- If you cant’ hear it either of those times, download it for free on iTunes.
- Oct. 21, 5-8 p.m. is my AMA (Ask Me Anything) on the website Reddit. Here’s the link. Anyone with a Reddit account (free and easy to get) can login and ask me a question either during those times or in advance, and I will answer them during that time. So ask me anything! Really!
- Oct. 21 is also the start of a giveaway on GoodReads! We’ll be giving away ten signed copies, so if you don’t have one already you can sign up here, and be sure to tell your GoodReads friends all about it!
More signings are coming, including some in Tennessee and some more locally. The reception to this book has been amazing, I really appreciate all of you who have enjoyed it, told your friends and left reviews. Without you this would not be anywhere as near as much fun. Thank you, and here’s to even more fun in the coming weeks and months!